Jump to Main Content
- Karve, Kiran A.; Gil, Eun Seok; McCarthy, Stephen P.; Kaplan, David L.
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 44-49
- artificial membranes; crystal structure; diffusivity; drugs; fibroins; fluorescein; lysozyme; mass transfer; permeability; silk; silk proteins; vitamin B12
- ... The material properties of silk are favorable for drug delivery due to the ability to control material structure and morphology under ambient, aqueous processing conditions. Mass transport of compounds with varying physical–chemical characteristics was studied in silk fibroin films with control of β-sheet crystalline content. Two compounds, vitamin B12 and fluorescein isothiocynate (FITC) labeled ...
- PubMed Central:
- Liu, Xiaotong; Zhao, Hailei; Yang, Jianying; Li, Yuan; Chen, Ting; Lu, Xionggang; Ding, Weizhong; Li, Fushen
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 235-240
- artificial membranes; ceramics; cobalt; crystal structure; electrical conductivity; energy; ions; iron; oxidation; oxygen; permeability; yttrium
- ... BaFe₁₋ₓYₓO₃₋δ (x=0–0.2) materials were synthesized by conventional solid-state reaction process for oxygen separation application. The effects of Y-doping on the crystal structure development, electrical conductivity and oxygen permeability were evaluated. Yttrium introduction effectively stabilize the cubic structure of BaFe₁₋ₓYₓO₃₋δ. With Y-doping, the oxidation state of Fe ions reduces, resulti ...