Jump to Main Content
- Kutnar, Andreja; Humar, Miha; Kamke, Frederick A.; Sernek, Milan
- European journal of wood and wood products 2011 v.69 no.2 pp. 325-328
- decay resistance, etc ; Coriolus versicolor; Pleurotus ostreatus; Populus balsamifera subsp. trichocarpa; Populus deltoides; durability; exposure duration; viscoelasticity; white-rot fungi; wood; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Low-density hybrid poplar (Populus deltoides × Populus trichocarpa) was densified with the viscoelastic thermal compression (VTC) process to three different degrees of densification (63%, 98%, and 132%). Durability of the VTC treated specimens was assessed by exposure to two white rot fungi (Pleurotus ostreatus and Trametes versicolor) for four or eight weeks. After incubation, mass loss in grams ...
- Jayashree,; Pandey, K.K.; Nagaveni, H.C.; Mahadevan, K.M.
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2011 v.65 no.6 pp. 890-895
- decay resistance, etc ; Coriolus versicolor; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Hevea brasiliensis; Polyporus; carbohydrates; chemical degradation; chlorides; esterification; fatty acids; lignin; rubber; weight loss; white-rot fungi; wood; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Decay resistance of Rubber wood (Hevea brasiliensis) esterified with three fatty acid chlorides (hexanoyl chloride (C6), decanoyl chloride (C10) and tetra-decanoyl chloride (C14)) was evaluated. Unmodified and modified wood samples were exposed to a brown rot (Polyporus meliae) and a white rot (Coriolus versicolor) fungus for 12 weeks. Unmodified rubber wood was severely decayed by P. meliae and C ...