Jump to Main Content
- Martinelli, M.; Betti, F.; Di Camillo, C.; Puce, S.; Bavestrello, G.
- Italian journal of zoology 2011 v.78 no.4 pp. 517-523
- crabs; Majidae; puberty; males; Chlorophyta; exoskeleton; molting; larvae; Ascidiacea; females; adults; juveniles; Adriatic Sea; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Active masking behaviours have been widely reported for Majoid spider crabs, although it is known that species living on sandy and muddy bottoms are frequently less masked than those living on rocky substrates. On the other hand, crabs living on soft bottoms may represent rare hard substrates available for larval settlement of other organisms. Inachus communissimus Rizza, 1839 is a spider crab bel ...
- Kozarić, Z.; Petrinec, Z.; Kužir, S.; Gjurčević, E.; Baždarić, B.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2011 v.40 no.4 pp. 314-320
- absorption; acid phosphatase; adults; alkaline phosphatase; diet; digestion; digestive enzymes; enterocytes; enzyme activity; fish; lipid content; lipids; proteins; Adriatic Sea
- ... With 9 figures and 2 tables SUMMARY: Localization and activity levels of the following digestive enzymes in the intestine of free-living large-scaled gurnard were determined: non-specific esterase, alkaline and acid phosphatase as well as aminopeptidase. Enzymatic activity of the four enzymes was confirmed in all intestine parts but with different distribution through the enterocytes and varying i ...