Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: faten?
- Flaten, Donald N., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2011 v.42 no.15 pp. 1882-1897
- Glomus intraradices; absorption; agricultural soils; cadmium; crops; flax; hyphae; mycorrhizal fungi; pH; phosphorus; shoots; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae
- ... Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungus on cadmium (Cd) concentration in flax was investigated in a pot experiment. Flax inoculated with Glomus intraradices and uninoculated controls were grown in a pasteurized soil that received Cd (0, 2.5, and 10 mg kg⁻¹) and phosphorus (P; 10 and 50 mg kg⁻¹) additions. Root colonization was not affected by Cd addition but was reduced by high P addition. Ef ...
- Flaten, Donald N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2011 v.338 no.1-2 pp. 423-434
- Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; absorption; bioaccumulation; biomass; cadmium; crops; durum wheat; fertilizer rates; germination; growth chambers; phosphates; phosphorus fertilizers; samplers; soil solution; soil water; zinc
- ... A growth chamber study was conducted to evaluate the effect of application of phosphate fertilizer on soil solution dynamics of cadmium (Cd) and Cd accumulation in durum wheat (Triticum turgidum L. var. durum). Treatments consisted of three phosphate fertilizer sources containing 3.4, 75.2, and 232 mg Cd kg⁻¹ applied at three rates (20, 40 and 80 mg P kg⁻¹) plus a no fertilization control. An unpl ...