Jump to Main Content
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2011 v.86 no.1 pp. 185-191
- biscuits; cassava; cassava starch; experimental design; hardness; hydrogen peroxide; oxidation; pH; pasting properties; solar drying; starch; temperature
- ... The effects of oxidation with hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) on the carbonyl and carboxyl content, pasting, expansion and textural properties of oven-dried fermented cassava starch were investigated. A 2³ factorial design with three central points and six axial points was used to investigate the effect of H₂O₂ concentration, pH and temperature on the oxidation of fermented cassava starch; oven-dried and ...
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2011 v.128 no.4 pp. 982-987
- adhesion; binding capacity; cholic acid; digestion; food quality; foods; glucose; hardness; hydrogen peroxide; oat bran; oats; oxidation; physicochemical properties; viscosity
- ... The objective of this work was promote oxidation of β-glucan from oat bran with hydrogen peroxide at different concentration levels (0.3%, 0.6% and 0.9% H₂O₂) and reaction times (30 and 60min), and evaluate the physicochemical and functional properties of isedoxidised β-glucan with in-vitro tests. An increase in carbonyl and carboxyl groups and alterations in swelling power were verified in the ox ...