Jump to Main Content
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2011 v.98 no.12 pp. 1813-1821
- deficit irrigation; fruit trees; irrigation scheduling; olives; shrinkage; soil water; uncertainty; water stress
- ... Olive is one of the fruit tree species for which measurements of the trunk diameter variation (TDV) has shown a lower potential both for monitoring water stress and for scheduling irrigation. This is particularly true in the case of old, big olive trees with heavy fruit load. Fernández et al. (2011, J. Environ. Exp. Bot. 72, 330–338) observed that the daily difference for maximum trunk diameter be ...
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2011 v.100 no.1 pp. 25-35
- air; deficit irrigation; fruit trees; irrigation rates; leaves; olives; orchards; water potential; water stress
- ... The need for sophisticated irrigation strategies in fruit tree orchards has led to an increasing interest in reliable and robust sensor technology that allows automatic and continuous recording of the water stress of trees under field conditions. In this work we have evaluated the potential of the leaf patch clamp pressure (LPCP) probe for monitoring water stress in a 4-year-old ‘Arbequina’ hedger ...