Jump to Main Content
- Midha, Vinay Kumar
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2011 v.102 no.8 pp. 668-674
- data collection; fineness; heat tolerance; neural networks; prediction
- ... In this paper, an artificial neural network (ANN) model has been designed to predict the thermal resistance of needle‐punched blankets. Web‐laying (parallel‐ and cross‐laid), fibre fineness, fibre degree of hollowness, fabric weight, depth of needle penetration and needle punch density are considered as input parameters to predict the thermal resistance of needle‐punched nonwoven blankets. In orde ...
- Kumar Midha, Vinay
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2011 v.102 no.2 pp. 126-130
- abrasion resistance; nonwoven fabrics; polyesters
- ... The properties of needled fabrics depend on the nature of component fibers and the manner in which fibers are arranged in the structure. Fiber properties along with the various machine and web parameters contribute to the structure that emerges from the needling operation. In this paper, the effect of machine parameters such as depth of needle penetration and punch density on fabric stiffness and ...