Jump to Main Content
- Amills, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of animal science 2011 v.89 no.10 pp. 2963-2971
- cholesterol; fatty acids; human health; intramuscular fat; longissimus muscle; marker-assisted selection; meat; metabolism; nutrition; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; skeletal muscle; swine
- ... Intramuscular fat (IMF) storage is a biological process with a strong impact on nutritional and technological properties of meat and also with relevant consequences on human health. The genetic architecture of IMF content and composition phenotypes has been thoroughly studied in pigs through the identification of QTL and the estimation of genetic parameters. A question that has not been elucidated ...
- Amills, M., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Animal genetics 2011 v.42 no.5 pp. 548-551
- Meishan; backfat; conception; farrowing; genome; gilts; quantitative trait loci; sows
- ... A considerable number of fatness QTL have been identified in growing pigs, but there is a lack of knowledge about the genetic architecture of this trait in gilts and sows. We have performed a genome scan, in 255 Iberian × Meishan F2 sows, for backfat thickness (BF) at 150 (BF150) and 210 (BF210) days of age, 30 days after conception (BF30) and 7–10 days before farrowing (BFbf). We have found one B ...