Jump to Main Content
- Crossman, J. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2011 v.27 Suppl s2 pp. 53-57
- Acipenser transmontanus; animal behavior; detection; electronic sensing; monitoring; rivers; spawning; sturgeon; British Columbia; Columbia River
- ... The feasibility of using Dual‐frequency IDentification SONar (DIDSON) for monitoring white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) presence and activity was tested near a known spawning area in the Columbia River, British Columbia, Canada. A fixed‐station DIDSON system was deployed near the river bank adjacent to the spawning site in each 3 years (2007–2009). Fixed‐station data were collected at this s ...
- Crossman, J. A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2011 v.27 Suppl s2 pp. 3-11
- analytical methods; complications; conservation programs; genetic techniques and protocols; hybridization; managers; population structure; society; sturgeon; Montana
- ... This paper summarizes one component of a sturgeon conservation genetics workshop held in conjunction with the Third Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the World Sturgeon Conservation Society from 31 August through 3 September, 2010, at Chico Springs, Montana, USA. The purpose of this portion of the workshop was to foster interdisciplinary communication, help characterize sturgeon c ...