Jump to Main Content
- Jakes, Pamela J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Society & natural resources 2011 v.24 no.7 pp. 672-687
- cohesion; disasters; people; social cohesion; wildfires; Arizona
- ... Recent literature suggests that natural disasters such as wildfires often have the short-term effect of “bringing people together” while also under some circumstances generating social conflict at the local level. Conflict has been documented particularly when social relations are disembedded by nonlocal entities and there is a perceived loss of local agency. There is less agreement about longer t ...
- Jakes, Pamela J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- International journal of wildland fire 2011 v.20 no.3 pp. 350-363
- ecosystems; forest restoration; issues and policy; planning; risk; wildfires
- ... The Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 (HFRA) encourages communities to develop community wildfire protection plans (CWPPs) to reduce their wildland fire risk and promote healthier forested ecosystems. Communities who have developed CWPPs have done so using many different processes, resulting in plans with varied form and content. We analysed data from 13 case-study communities to illustrate ...