Jump to Main Content
- Montiel, Enrique R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Avian diseases 2011 v.55 no.2 pp. 302-310
- DNA; Gallid herpesvirus 2; Marek disease; blood; blood sampling; chickens; neoplasms; recombinant vaccines; serotypes; vaccination
- ... Comparison of blood and feather pulp (FP) samples for the diagnosis of Marek's disease (MD) and for monitoring Marek's diseases vaccination in chickens (serotypes 2 and 3 vaccines) by real time-PCR was evaluated. For diagnosis of MD, quantification of serotype 1 Marek's disease virus (MDV) DNA load was evaluated in 21 chickens suffering from MD. For each chicken, samples of blood and FP were colle ...
- Montiel, Enrique R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Avian diseases 2011 v.55 no.2 pp. 263-272
- DNA; Marek disease; Meleagrid herpesvirus 1; blood; body weight; broiler chickens; cost effectiveness; females; males; pulp; recombinant vaccines; turkeys; vaccination; virulence; viruses
- ... Dilution of Marek's disease (MD) vaccines is a common practice in the field to reduce the cost associated with vaccination. In this study we have evaluated the effect of diluting MD vaccines on the protection against MD, vaccine and challenge MD virus (MDV) kinetics, and body weight when challenged with strains Md5 (very virulent MDV) and 648A (very virulent plus MDV) by contact at day of age. The ...