Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.31 no.4 pp. 524-532
- Edwardsiella tarda; Paralichthys olivaceus; Viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus; bacterial infections; cDNA libraries; chemokines; clones; complementary DNA; flounder; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; interferons; leukocytes; messenger RNA; microarray technology; pathogens; response elements; suppression subtractive hybridization; transcription (genetics)
- ... Transcriptional changes in the peripheral blood leucocytes (PBL) of Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus challenged by Edwardsiella tarda and viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) were investigated using suppression subtractive hybridization (SSH) coupled with cDNA microarray analysis. First, we constructed an SSH cDNA library using mRNA samples isolated from PBL of P. olivaceus that had b ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.2 pp. 509-514
- Paralichthys olivaceus; binding properties; flounder; genes; immunoglobulin M; lymphocytes; phenotype; phytohemagglutinin; transcription (genetics)
- ... In this study, we aimed to identify the leukocyte population that expresses Fas ligand (FasL) in the Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). The transcriptional activity of FasL was examined for the first time in the fish leukocytes. Transcription of the FasL gene in flounder leukocytes was significantly increased by phytohemagglutinin (PHA) treatment. All the leukocyte populations we tested p ...