Jump to Main Content
- Ogawa, T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2011 v.89 no.2 pp. 135-141
- equations; gelatinization; mechanical properties; pasta; sorption; starch; water content; water temperature
- ... The water sorption kinetics of spaghetti was measured in the temperature range of 20–90°C to investigate the temperature dependencies of an equilibrium moisture content and an initial rate of water sorption. The dependencies indicated the mechanism of water sorption: the equilibrium moisture content is limited by the state of starch gelatinization and the initial rate of water sorption is governed ...
- Ogawa, T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2011 v.94 no.5 pp. 2270-2279
- bone resorption; cattle; dairy protein; isoelectric point; lactoperoxidase; milk; milk consumption; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; osteoclasts; reactive oxygen species; ubiquitination
- ... A milk protein fraction with alkaline isoelectric points (milk basic protein, MBP) inhibits both bone resorption and osteoclastogenesis for in vitro models. We previously identified bovine angiogenin as a component of MBP that inhibits bone resorption. However, purified angiogenin had no effect on osteoclastogenesis, suggesting that MBP contains unidentified component(s) that inhibit osteoclast fo ...