Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, Craig A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Weed technology 2011 v.25 no.2 pp. 222-229
- Ambrosia artemisiifolia; Festuca arundinacea; Xanthium strumarium; biomass; crude protein; field experimentation; forage yield; foraging; near-infrared spectroscopy; nutritive value; pastures; weeds
- ... Separate field trials were conducted in 2007 and 2008 to investigate the effects of increasing densities of common ragweed or common cocklebur on total yield and forage nutritive values in tall fescue pastures. Common ragweed densities ranged from 0 to 188 plants m⁻⁻², and common cocklebur densities ranged from 0 to 134 plants m⁻⁻². Total biomass yields (weeds plus tall fescue) were determined in ...
- Roberts, Craig A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Crop science 2011 v.51 no.3 pp. 1291-1296
- Festuca arundinacea subsp. arundinacea; autumn; cultivars; defoliation; endophytes; ergot; ergovaline; fescue toxicosis; forage; fungi; growing season; livestock; pastures; regrowth; spring; summer; toxicity; Georgia; Missouri; South Carolina
- ... Common cultivars of tall fescue [ (Schreb.) Dumort = (Schreb.) Darbysh.] host a fungal endophyte that produces ergot alkaloids. These alkaloids are linked to fescue toxicosis, a serious livestock disorder in the United States. This study was conducted to determine how ergot alkaloid concentrations fluctuate throughout the growing season in tall fescue regrowth. In 2005, plots were established in p ...