Jump to Main Content
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Fisheries research 2011 v.110 no.2 pp. 252-258
- Merluccius merluccius; Mullus barbatus; fisheries; fishermen; fishery resources; issues and policy; juveniles; squid; Adriatic Sea
- ... The effects of mesh size and codend circumference on selectivity of some commercially important species were evaluated. Four different codends were used in the sea trials. The nominal mesh sizes tested were 48mm and 56mm and two different nominal circumferences were associated with each mesh size. Selectivity experiments were carried out in the Central Adriatic Sea, in the course of two different ...
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fisheries research 2011 v.110 no.1 pp. 39-46
- Clupea harengus; Lophius piscatorius; Nephrops norvegicus; Scomber scombrus; fishing boats; gears; herring; inventories; mackerel; models; monitoring; mortality; Europe
- ... Based on information from an international inventory of gears currently deployed by trawlers in five European countries, the relationship between vessel engine power and trawl size is quantified for different trawl types, trawling techniques and target species. Using multiplicative modelling it is estimated that the fishing circle (or circumference) of trawls targeting shoaling species such as mac ...