Jump to Main Content
- Takasugi , Tomoaki, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant signaling & behavior 2011 v.6 no.6 pp. 887-888
- acetyltransferases; auxins; carbon; epicuticular wax; fatty acid composition; genes; leaves; loss-of-function mutation; mutants; plant development; rice
- ... VLCFAs are the main components of cuticular wax, which covers and protects plants from physical and biological stresses. However, the effect of fatty acid composition or the physiological role of VLCFAs on plant development under normal growth conditions is not well understood. We analyzed loss-of-function mutants of ONION1 (ONI1) which encodes fatty acid elongase (β-ketoacyl CoA synthase) catalyz ...
- PubMed Central:
- Takasugi, Tomoaki, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The plant journal 2011 v.66 no.4 pp. 680-688
- epicuticular wax; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; germination; homeotic genes; mutants; pathogens; rice; shoot meristems; water stress; waxes
- ... Organisms are covered extracellularly with cuticular waxes that consist of various fatty acids. In higher plants, extracellular waxes act as indispensable barriers to protect the plants from physical and biological stresses such as drought and pathogen attacks. However, the effect of fatty acid composition on plant development under normal growth conditions is not well understood. Here we show tha ...