Jump to Main Content
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil & tillage research 2011 v.112 no.1 pp. 47-57
- harrowing; leaching; loam soils; lysimeters; macropores; moldboard plows; solutes; space and time; water flow
- ... Soil tillage practices can affect water flow and solute transport processes dynamically in space and in time. However, the relationship between tillage practices and flow and transport in soils is not yet well understood. Within this paper, we analyze the short term impact of the conversion from conventional mouldboard ploughing (CT) to reduced disc harrowing (RT) on the solute transport process w ...
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vadose zone journal 2011 v.10 no.3 pp. 1023-1033
- bulk density; electrical resistance; loam soils; models; parameter uncertainty; pedotransfer functions; porosity; prediction; silt loam soils; soil density; soil heterogeneity; soil water; soil water content; tomography; vadose zone; water content
- ... Electrical resistance tomography (ERT) can be used for the noninvasive characterization of soil moisture and soil structural heterogeneity. Any attempt to relate electrical resistivity measurements to soil moisture content or soil bulk density, however, must rely on a “pedo-electrical” function, i.e., a conductivity model for soils. This study aimed to test five pedo-electrical models for their ab ...