Jump to Main Content
- Varma, A.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2011 v.86 no.2 pp. 962-968
- cellulose; chemical structure; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; hydrolysis; oxidation
- ... A series of 2,3-dialdehyde celluloses with different degrees of oxidation were used for deriving corresponding dicarboxylate, dicarboxy, and Schiff's base cellulose derivatives. The dialdehyde cellulose was hydrolyzed by cellulase to a lower extent than the starting cellulose, except at high levels of aldehyde content (above 50%). For dicarboxylate and dicarboxy celluloses, the highest level of ox ...
- Varma, A.J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.3 pp. 3304-3308
- Debaryomyces hansenii; activated carbon; biotransformation; hemicellulose; hydrolysates; immobilized cells; ion exchange resins; sugarcane bagasse; xylitol; yeasts
- ... A thermotolerant yeast capable of fermenting xylose to xylitol at 40°C was isolated and identified as a strain of Debaryomyces hansenii by ITS sequencing. This paper reports the production of xylitol from d-xylose and sugarcane bagasse hemicellulose by free and Ca-alginate immobilized cells of D. hansenii. The efficiency of free and immobilized cells were compared for xylitol production from d-xyl ...