Jump to Main Content
- Yen, Chia-Hung, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2011 v.125 no.2 pp. 521-528
- AMP-activated protein kinase; Citrullus lanatus; Momordica charantia; fruits; in vivo studies; screening; traditional medicine; triterpenoids; Taiwan
- ... Wild bitter melon (the wild variant of Momordica charantia L.) native to the eastern region of Taiwan has been consumed by local residents as a folk medicine for the prevention or treatment of hyperglycaemia and related diseases, yet its hypoglycaemic activities and constituents have not been scientifically characterised. Thus, WB24, a strain of wild bitter melon originating from the eastern regio ...
- Yen, Chia-Hung, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.5 pp. 1713-1722
- Hepatitis B virus; animal models; apoptosis; cell movement; hepatocytes; immunoblotting; mice; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neoplasms; oleanolic acid; secretion; toxicity; ursolic acid
- ... This study investigated the potential effects of natural products ursolic acid (UA) and oleanolic acid (OA) against HBx-mediated tumorigenic activities in vitro and in vivo. HBx transactivated Sp-1 and Smad 3/4 in Huh7 and FL83B hepatocytes and induced cell migration of Huh7 and HepG2. HBx also induced MMP-3 secretion in Huh7 and acted against TGF-β-induced apoptosis in Hep3B. UA almost completely ...