Jump to Main Content
- Cobucci-Ponzano, Beatrice; Zorzetti, Carmela; Strazzulli, Andrea; Carillo, Sara; Bedini, Emiliano; Corsaro, Maria Michela; Comfort, Donald A.; Kelly, Robert M.; Rossi, Mosè; Moracci, Marco
- Glycobiology 2011 v.21 no.4 pp. 448-456
- regioselectivity, etc ; Thermotoga maritima; alpha-galactosidase; azides; drugs; glycosides; oligosaccharides; polysaccharides; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The large-scale production of oligosaccharides is a daunting task, hampering the study of the role of glycans in vivo and the testing of the efficacy of novel glycan-based drugs. Glycosynthases, mutated glycosidases that synthesize oligosaccharides in high yields, are becoming important chemo-enzymatic tools for the production of oligosaccharides. However, while β-glycosynthase can be produced wit ...
- Roy, Sucharita; Lai, Hsuanchi; Zouaoui, Radouane; Duffner, Jay; Zhou, He; Jayaraman, Lakshmi P.; Zhao, Ganlin; Ganguly, Tanmoy; Kishimoto, Takashi K.; Venkataraman, Ganesh
- Glycobiology 2011 v.21 no.9 pp. 1194-1205
- regioselectivity, etc ; angiogenic proteins; anticoagulant activity; fibroblast growth factor 2; glycoproteins; heparan sulfate; heparin; in vitro studies; melanoma; metastasis; mice; models; screening; therapeutics; vascular endothelial growth factors; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... A series of size-defined low-molecular-weight heparins were generated by regioselective chemical modifications and profiled for their in vitro and in vivo activities. The compounds displayed reduced anti-coagulant activity, demonstrated varying affinities toward angiogenic growth factors (fibroblast growth factor-2, vascular endothelial growth factor and stromal cell-derived factor-1α), inhibited ...