Jump to Main Content
- Pathak, Tara Sankar; Yun, Jung-Ho; Lee, Se-Jong; Baek, Dae-Jin; Paeng, Ki-Jung
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 45-56
- 1-propanol; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Undaria pinnatifida; calcium alginate; ethanol; heat; methanol; polymers; porosity; solvents; thermal analysis; thermal stability; weight loss
- ... Alginates, extracted from algae are linear unbranched polymers containing β-(1→4)-linked d-mannuronic acid (M) and α-(1→4)-linked l-guluronic acid (G) residues. The conversion of alginic acid into the metal alginate is confirmed using FTIR spectroscopy. Asymmetric and symmetric stretching of free carboxyl group present in metal alginate occurs almost at the same position in various solvent composi ...
- Shuvashish Behera; Rama Mohanty; Ramesh Ray
- Biologia 2010 v.65 no.3 pp. 416-421
- Madhuca longifolia; Zymomonas mobilis; bacteria; batch fermentation; calcium alginate; corolla; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; immobilized cells; sugars; trees; tropical rain forests; Australia
- ... Mahula (Madhuca latifolia L.) is a deciduous tree commonly found in the tropical rain forests of Asian and Australian continent. Corolla, the edible part of its flowers, is rich in fermentable sugar (37 ± 0.23%; on dry weight basis). Batch fermentation of mahula flowers was carried out using Zymomonas mobilis MTCC 92 free cells and cells immobilized in calcium alginate matrix. The ethanol producti ...