Jump to Main Content
- Brusseau, Mark L.; Rohay, Virginia; Truex, Michael J.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.3 pp. 57-64
- carbon tetrachloride; groundwater contamination; mass transfer; pollutants; risk assessment; soil analysis; soil vapor extraction; vadose zone; vapors
- ... Methods are developed to use data collected during cyclic operation of soil vapor extraction (SVE) systems to help characterize the magnitudes and time scales of mass flux associated with vadose zone contaminant sources. Operational data collected at the Department of Energy's Hanford site are used to illustrate the use of such data. An analysis was conducted of carbon tetrachloride vapor concentr ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kurtz, J.P.; Wolfe, E.M.; Woodland, A.K.; Foster, S.J.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2010 v.30 no.3 pp. 107-112
- air; ethylene dichloride; groundwater; groundwater contamination; pollutants; poly(vinyl chloride); vapors; vinyl chloride; volatile organic compounds; Colorado
- ... Groundwater contamination associated with two former industrial facilities in Denver, Colorado, has led to concerns about vapor intrusion into residences adjacent to the facilities. 1,1,1-Trichloroethane (1,1,1-TCA), 1,1-dichloroethene (1,1-DCE), and trichloroethene (TCE) are the main contaminants of concern in groundwater, with trace levels of 1,2-dichloroethane (1,2-DCA) present at one of the si ...