Jump to Main Content
- You, J. F.; Hou, N. N.; Xu, M. Y.; Zhang, H. M.; Yang, Z. M.
- Biologia plantarum 2010 v.54 no.4 pp. 766-768
- Glycine max; aluminum; citrates; cultivars; cycloheximide; exudation; mitochondrial membrane; plasma membrane; protein synthesis; protein synthesis inhibitors; pyridoxal; roots; secretion; soybeans; transporters
- ... To further understand the process of Al-induced citrate secretion from soybean roots, the effect of protein synthesis inhibitor, anion channel blockers, and citrate carrier inhibitors on Al-induced citrate exudation was investigated in Al-resistant soybean cultivar PI 416937. Citrate exudation from roots increased with the increase of Al concentration from 10 to 50 μM and initiated after 4 h of Al ...
- Xu, Muyun; You, Jiangfeng; Hou, Ningning; Zhang, Hongmei; Chen, Guang; Yang, Zhenming
- Functional plant biology 2010 v.37 no.4 pp. 285-295
- Glycine max; soybeans; roots; aluminum; phytotoxicity; disease resistance; citrates; metabolism; transport proteins; mitochondria; malate dehydrogenase; citrate (si)-synthase; aconitate hydratase; enzyme activity; dose response; protein secretion; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); plant growth; acid soils
- ... The concentration of soluble aluminium (Al) in the soil solution increases at low pH and the prevalence of toxic Al³⁺ cations represent the main factor limiting plant growth on acid soils. Citrate secretion from roots is an important Al-tolerance mechanism in many species including soybean. We isolated mitochondria from the roots of an Al-resistant soybean (Glycine max L.) cv. Jiyu 70 to investiga ...