Jump to Main Content
- Gil-Tena, Assu; Brotons, Lluís; Saura, Santiago
- Forest ecology and management 2010 v.259 no.7 pp. 1338-1346
- wild birds; spatial distribution; population distribution; colonizing ability; forests; vegetation structure; age structure; silvicultural practices; afforestation; climate change; forest fires; forest habitats; habitat preferences; land use; Spain; Mediterranean region
- ... In the western Mediterranean region of Catalonia (NE Spain), during the last 20 years of the 20th century, the range of many forest bird species has expanded. Our objective was to characterize the roles of (a) spatial population processes (related to dispersal), (b) changes in forest structure (due to forest maturation and management), and (c) landscape composition (resulting from afforestation an ...
- Dodson, Erich K.; Peterson, David W.; Harrod, Richy J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2010 v.19 no.4 pp. 490-499
- invasive species; fertilizer application; afforestation; soil stabilization; botanical composition; erosion control; planting; forest fires; water erosion; vegetation; understory
- ... Slope stabilisation treatments like mulching and seeding are used to increase soil cover and reduce runoff and erosion following severe wildfires, but may also retard native vegetation recovery. We evaluated the effects of seeding and fertilisation on the cover and richness of native and exotic plants and on individual plant species following the 2004 Pot Peak wildfire in Washington State, USA. We ...