Jump to Main Content
- Takó, Miklós; Tóth, Adél; Nagy, László G.; Krisch, Judit; Vágvölgyi, Csaba; Papp, Tamás
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2010 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Mucor; proteins; Rhizomucor miehei; plasmids; amino acids; active sites; introns; sequence homology; beta-glucosidase; fungi
- ... In this study, a β-glucosidase coding gene (bgl) of the zygomycete fungus Rhizomucor miehei has been cloned and characterized. The gene comprises a total of 2,826 bp including the coding sequence of a 717 amino acids length putative protein and 10 introns dispersed in the whole coding region. The putative N-and C-terminal catalytic domains (aa 68 to aa 274 and aa 358-601, respectively) were identi ...
- Calabrò, Vincenza; Ricca, Emanuele; De Paola, Maria Gabriela; Curcio, Stefano; Iorio, Gabriele
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2010 v.33 no.6 pp. 701-710
- Rhizomucor miehei; acylglycerols; biocatalysts; biodiesel; enzymatic reactions; equations; ethanol; fuel production; hexane; mass transfer; models; temperature
- ... In this paper, the reaction of enzymatic trans-esterification of glycerides with ethanol in a reaction medium containing hexane at a temperature of 37 °C has been studied. The enzyme was Lipase from Mucor miehei, immobilized on ionic exchange resin, aimed at achieving high catalytic specific surface and recovering, regenerating and reusing the biocatalyst. A kinetic analysis has been carried out t ...