Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yu; Li, Faqiang; Wurtzel, Eleanore T.
- Plant physiology 2010 v.153 no.1 pp. 66-79
- denitrification, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; Bacillariophyta; Escherichia coli; Zea mays; ancestry; bacteria; biosynthesis; corn; electron transport chain; electrons; endosperm; food crops; genes; genomics; human health; isomerization; mutants; nitric oxide; nitrites; product testing; recruitment; redox reactions; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Metabolic engineering of plant carotenoids in food crops has been a recent focus for improving human health. Pathway manipulation is predicated on comprehensive knowledge of this biosynthetic pathway, which has been extensively studied. However, there existed the possibility of an additional biosynthetic step thought to be dispensable because it could be compensated for by light. This step, mediat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kong, Angela Y.Y.; Hristova, Krassimira; Scow, Kate M.; Six, Johan
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2010 v.42 no.9 pp. 1523-1533
- denitrification, etc ; soil microorganisms; microbial ecology; soil management; nitrogen; nutrient management; nitrification; denitrifying bacteria; mineralization; soil organic matter; soil aggregates; silt fraction; clay fraction; seasonal variation; Zea mays; corn; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; organic production; low input agriculture; microbial genetics; species diversity; functional diversity; cropping systems; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Real-time quantitative PCR assays, targeting part of the ammonia monooxygenase (amoA), nitrous oxide reductase (nosZ), and 16S rRNA genes were coupled with 15N pool dilution techniques to investigate the effects of long-term agricultural management practices on potential gross N mineralization and nitrification rates, as well as ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB), denitrifier, and total bacterial co ...
- PubMed Central: