Jump to Main Content
- Han, Ting; Fan, Tongxiang; Chow, Suk-Kwun; Zhang, Di
- Bioresource technology 2010 v.101 no.17 pp. 6829-6835
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; absorption; anions; cations; crops; crystals; irradiation; lamps; metals; nitrogen; oxides; phosphorus; red light; seeds
- ... Four typical kinds of crop seeds are studied as non-metallic bio-precursors to synthesize biogenic N-P-codoped TiO₂ (BNP-TiO₂). The as-prepared BNP-TiO₂ samples are characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), nitrogen-adsorption measurement and UV-Vis spectroscopy. The results show that BNP-TiO₂ possesses single anatase phase with mesopore structures, and nitr ...
- Leonhard-Marek, S.; Stumpff, F.; Martens, H.
- Animal 2010 v.4 no.7 pp. 1037-1056
- ammonia; ion channels; absorption; ion transport; nutrient uptake; omasum; cations; rumen epithelium; magnesium; anions; bicarbonates; short chain fatty acids; in vitro studies; biochemical mechanisms; ruminants
- ... Secretion of saliva as well as absorptive and secretory processes across forestomach epithelia ensures an optimal environment for microbial digestion in the forestomachs. Daily salivary secretion of sodium (Na+) exceeds the amount found in plasma by a factor of 2 to 3, while the secretion of bicarbonate (HCO3−) is 6 to 8 times higher than the amount of HCO3− in the total extracellular space. This ...