Jump to Main Content
- Moore, J.C.; Jevrejeva, S.; Grinsted, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.36 pp. 15699-15703
- aerosols; afforestation; biochar; bioenergy; carbon sequestration; climate; climate change; cost benefit analysis; environmental engineering; greenhouse gas emissions; models; sea level; solar radiation; stratosphere; sulfur dioxide; temperature; volcanic activity
- ... Geoengineering has been proposed as a feasible way of mitigating anthropogenic climate change, especially increasing global temperatures in the 21st century. The two main geoengineering options are limiting incoming solar radiation, or modifying the carbon cycle. Here we examine the impact of five geoengineering approaches on sea level; SO₂ aerosol injection into the stratosphere, mirrors in space ...
- PubMed Central:
- Dodson, Erich K.; Peterson, David W.; Harrod, Richy J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2010 v.19 no.4 pp. 490-499
- invasive species; fertilizer application; afforestation; soil stabilization; botanical composition; erosion control; planting; forest fires; water erosion; vegetation; understory
- ... Slope stabilisation treatments like mulching and seeding are used to increase soil cover and reduce runoff and erosion following severe wildfires, but may also retard native vegetation recovery. We evaluated the effects of seeding and fertilisation on the cover and richness of native and exotic plants and on individual plant species following the 2004 Pot Peak wildfire in Washington State, USA. We ...