Jump to Main Content
- Takó, Miklós; Tóth, Adél; Nagy, László G.; Krisch, Judit; Vágvölgyi, Csaba; Papp, Tamás
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2010 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Mucor; proteins; Rhizomucor miehei; plasmids; amino acids; active sites; introns; sequence homology; beta-glucosidase; fungi
- ... In this study, a β-glucosidase coding gene (bgl) of the zygomycete fungus Rhizomucor miehei has been cloned and characterized. The gene comprises a total of 2,826 bp including the coding sequence of a 717 amino acids length putative protein and 10 introns dispersed in the whole coding region. The putative N-and C-terminal catalytic domains (aa 68 to aa 274 and aa 358-601, respectively) were identi ...
- M. Takó; Elvira Farkas; Szabina Lung; Judit Krisch; Cs. Vágvölgyi; T. Papp
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2010 v.61 no.1 pp. 101-110
- Artemisia; Gilbertella persicaria; Mucor racemosus; Rhizomucor miehei; Rhizopus microsporus; beta-glucosidase; cellobiose; ethanol; fungi; glucose; heat; heat tolerance; pH; solid state fermentation; temperature; wheat bran
- ... Extracellular β-glucosidase activity of 94 strains, representing 24 species of the genera Gilbertella, Mucor, Rhizomucor , and Rhizopus was evaluated in submerged culture and under solid state fermentation on wheat bran. Gilbertella persicaria G1 isolate showed the highest activity (70.9 U ml −1) followed by other Gilbertella (58.6–59.0 U ml −1) an ...