Jump to Main Content
- Mezaize, S.; Chevallier, S.; Le-Bail, A.; Lamballerie, M. de
- Food research international 2010 v.43 no.8 pp. 2186-2192
- frozen dough, etc ; bread dough; breads; color; dough quality; freezing; rheological properties; wheat; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The freezing process at different steps of breadmaking is widely used to improve fresh bread availability for the consumer. The consequences of a freezing step on wheat dough and bread, and the way to reduce its negative impacts have been studied for years. Nevertheless, few works report studies on gluten-free doughs and breads. This work investigates the effect of unfermented frozen dough process ...
- Lucas, T.; Grenier, D.; Bornert, M.; Challois, S.; Quellec, S.
- Food research international 2010 v.43 no.4 pp. 1041-1048
- frozen dough, etc ; bread dough; thawing; dough development; wheat flour; bubbles; freezing; magnetic resonance imaging; image analysis; porosity; particle size; fermentation; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The formation of large bubbles was observed by MRI during freezing. This was attributed to the compression of gases in a structure that cannot globally deform (due to the frozen “shell”), the consecutive rupture of dough films and the coalescence of neighbouring bubbles. The fraction occupied by these large bubbles was consistent with the hypothesis of thermal contraction, though this was not the ...