Jump to Main Content
- Dodson, Erich K.; Peterson, David W.; Harrod, Richy J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2010 v.19 no.4 pp. 490-499
- soil stabilization, etc ; invasive species; fertilizer application; afforestation; botanical composition; erosion control; planting; forest fires; water erosion; vegetation; understory; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Slope stabilisation treatments like mulching and seeding are used to increase soil cover and reduce runoff and erosion following severe wildfires, but may also retard native vegetation recovery. We evaluated the effects of seeding and fertilisation on the cover and richness of native and exotic plants and on individual plant species following the 2004 Pot Peak wildfire in Washington State, USA. We ...
- Peppin, Donna; Fulé, Peter Z.; Sieg, Carolyn Hull; Beyers, Jan L.; Hunter, Molly E.
- Forest ecology and management 2010 v.260 no.5 pp. 573-586
- soil stabilization, etc ; vegetation cover; forest growth; forest stand establishment; forests; sowing; soil fertility; forest fires; invasive species; ecological invasion; seeds; erosion control; artificial regeneration; forest communities; soil erosion; indigenous species; ecological restoration; Western United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Broadcast seeding is one of the most widely used post-wildfire emergency response treatments intended to reduce soil erosion, increase vegetative ground cover, and minimize establishment and spread of non-native plant species. We conducted an evidence-based review to examine the effectiveness and effects of post-wildfire seeding treatments on soil stabilization, non-native species invasion ...