Jump to Main Content
- Peppin, Donna; Fulé, Peter Z.; Sieg, Carolyn Hull; Beyers, Jan L.; Hunter, Molly E.
- Forest ecology and management 2010 v.260 no.5 pp. 573
- soil stabilization, etc ; sowing; wildfires; invasive species; ecological invasion; plant communities; forest communities; soil erosion; erosion control; forests; vegetation cover; forest fires; indigenous species; seeds; artificial regeneration; forest stand establishment; soil fertility; forest growth; ecological restoration; forest ecology; Western United States; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Broadcast seeding is one of the most widely used post-wildfire emergency response treatments intended to reduce soil erosion, increase vegetative ground cover, and minimize establishment and spread of non-native plant species. We conducted an evidence-based review to examine the effectiveness and effects of post-wildfire seeding treatments on soil stabilization, non-native species invasion, and pl ...
- Morris, N.L.; Miller, P.C.H.; Orson, J.H.; Froud-Williams, R.J.
- Soil & tillage research 2010 v.108 no.1-2 pp. 1-15
- soil stabilization, etc ; innovation adoption; seedbed preparation; soil structure; crop yield; sustainable agriculture; soil aggregates; weed control; soil organic matter; crop residues; seedbeds; plant establishment; erosion control; resistance management; clay soils; herbicides; environmental impact; conservation tillage; crops; United Kingdom; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... This paper seeks to review the current knowledge on soil cultivation and its effects to both soil physical properties and consideration to soil management to optimise crop productivity and yield when using non-inversion tillage within the United Kingdom (UK). There are many terms used to describe conservation tillage, more commonly referred to within the UK as non-inversion tillage, but it has gen ...
- Dodson, Erich K.; Peterson, David W.; Harrod, Richy J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2010 v.19 no.4 pp. 490
- soil stabilization, etc ; forest fires; wildfires; water erosion; erosion control; afforestation; planting; fertilizer application; understory; species diversity; botanical composition; vegetation; plant ecology; invasive species; Washington; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Slope stabilisation treatments like mulching and seeding are used to increase soil cover and reduce runoff and erosion following severe wildfires, but may also retard native vegetation recovery. We evaluated the effects of seeding and fertilisation on the cover and richness of native and exotic plants and on individual plant species following the 2004 Pot Peak wildfire in Washington State, USA. We ...