Jump to Main Content
- Szukics, Ute; Abell, Guy C.J.; Hödl, Verania; Mitter, Birgit; Sessitsch, Angela; Hackl, Evelyn; Zechmeister-Boltenstern, Sophie
- FEMS microbiology ecology 2010 v.72 no.3 pp. 395-406
- denitrification, etc ; ammonia; ammonium compounds; anaerobic conditions; climate change; community structure; denitrifying microorganisms; forest soils; genes; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; rain; soil temperature; water content; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Complete cycling of mineral nitrogen (N) in soil requires the interplay of microorganisms performing nitrification and denitrification, whose activity is increasingly affected by extreme rainfall or heat brought about by climate change. In a pristine forest soil, a gradual increase in soil temperature from 5 to 25 °C in a range of water contents stimulated N turnover rates, and N gas emissions wer ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sharrer, Mark J.; Rishel, Kata; Summerfelt, Steven T.
- Bioresource Technology 2010 v.101 pp. 4322
- denitrification, etc ; activated sludge; alkalinity; artificial membranes; biochemical oxygen demand; biological treatment; bioreactors; carbon; feeds; fish culture; heat; land application; metals; nitrate nitrogen; nitrification; phosphorus; proteins; salts; total suspended solids; wastewater treatment; water reuse; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The capacity of a membrane biological reactor to provide nitrification, denitrification, and enhanced biological phosphorus removal of a high-strength aquaculture backwash flow (control condition), or the same flow amended with 100 mg/L of NO3–N and 3 mg/L of dissolved P (test condition), was assessed using only endogenous carbon. Permeate TSS and cBOD5 concentrations were <1 mg/L under control an ...