Jump to Main Content
- Ohshima, Toshiaki, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2010 v.101 no.15 pp. 6248-6255
- Flammulina velutipes; antioxidant activity; autoxidation; culture media; free radical scavengers; fruiting bodies; lipid peroxidation; muscles; mushrooms; mycelium
- ... Antioxidative properties of hydrophilic extracts prepared from the fruiting body and spent culture medium of Flammulina velutipes were evaluated by monitoring the total reducing power ability (RPA) and 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical scavenging activity (RSA), together with antioxidative activities against lipid oxidation in homogenates of yellowtail dark muscle and autoxidation ...
- Ohshima, Toshiaki, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.4 pp. 2577–2585
- mushrooms; Flammulina velutipes; lipid peroxidation; shrimp; Marsupenaeus japonicus; antioxidant activity; dietary supplements; gene expression; animal feeding; betaine
- ... The antimelanosic and antioxidative properties of a hot water extract prepared from the fruiting body of the edible mushroom (Flammulina velutipes) were evaluated by dietary supplementation in Kuruma shrimp (Marsupenaeus japonicus) for possible aquaculture application. The extract contained ergothioneine (ERT) at a level of 2.05 mg/mL. A commercial standard of l-ergothioneine (l-ERT) and the mushr ...