Jump to Main Content
- Szukics, Ute; Abell, Guy C.J.; Hödl, Verania; Mitter, Birgit; Sessitsch, Angela; Hackl, Evelyn; Zechmeister-Boltenstern, Sophie
- FEMS microbiology ecology 2010 v.72 no.3 pp. 395-406
- denitrification, etc ; ammonia; ammonium compounds; anaerobic conditions; climate change; community structure; denitrifying microorganisms; forest soils; genes; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; rain; soil temperature; water content; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Complete cycling of mineral nitrogen (N) in soil requires the interplay of microorganisms performing nitrification and denitrification, whose activity is increasingly affected by extreme rainfall or heat brought about by climate change. In a pristine forest soil, a gradual increase in soil temperature from 5 to 25 °C in a range of water contents stimulated N turnover rates, and N gas emissions wer ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, Yu; Li, Faqiang; Wurtzel, Eleanore T.
- Plant physiology 2010 v.153 no.1 pp. 66-79
- denitrification, etc ; electrons; ancestry; redox reactions; genes; nitrites; human health; Escherichia coli; Arabidopsis thaliana; Zea mays; corn; product testing; Bacillariophyta; food crops; isomerization; biosynthesis; nitric oxide; endosperm; genomics; mutants; electron transport chain; bacteria; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Metabolic engineering of plant carotenoids in food crops has been a recent focus for improving human health. Pathway manipulation is predicated on comprehensive knowledge of this biosynthetic pathway, which has been extensively studied. However, there existed the possibility of an additional biosynthetic step thought to be dispensable because it could be compensated for by light. This step, mediat ...
- PubMed Central: