Jump to Main Content
- Sinha, Vijaykumar; Patel, Mayank R.; Patel, Jigar V.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 8-25
- aminolysis; glycolysis; hydrolysis; methanolysis; pollution; polymers; recycling; socioeconomics; waste disposal
- ... The paper reviews the problem due to the use and disposal of synthetic polymers to the environment and its solutions; in particular poly (ethylene terphthalate). Wide spread application and non-biodegradability of the PET creates huge amounts of waste and disposal, tend to a serious problem. The most important cause for recycling and reprocessing the waste PET has arisen from the awareness and con ...
- Min, Eun Hee; Ting, S.R. Simon; Billon, Laurent; Stenzel, Martina H.
- Journal of polymer science 2010 v.48 no.15 pp. 3440-3455
- acrylamides; aminolysis; concanavalin A; contact angle; crosslinking; fluorescence microscopy; glucosamine; glucose; molecular weight; polymerization; polymers; solvents; temperature
- ... Stable and surface-modified films with regular porous arrays were created by crosslinking honeycomb structured porous films prepared via breath figures from poly(styrene-co-maleic anhydride). The formation of open or closed pores of the films was controlled by the addition of a polyion complex. Subsequent crosslinking of the films with 1,8-diaminooctane led to films, which maintain their structure ...