Jump to Main Content
- Muruganandam, Subathra; Israel, Daniel W.; Robarge, Wayne P.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2010 v.74 no.1 pp. 120
- denitrification, etc ; soil aggregates; soil microorganisms; species diversity; nitrogen; nitrification; ammonification; biogeochemical cycles; particle size; no-tillage; chiseling; plowing; phospholipids; fatty acids; soil organic carbon; immobilization in soil; population density; soil biological properties; microbial biomass; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Quantifying N transformation processes in soil aggregates is relevant since microbial communities central to the N cycle may differ among aggregate size fractions. Our objective was to test the hypothesis that variations in microbial community composition of aggregate size fractions influence N transformation rates of soil from three long-term (22-yr) tillage systems (no-till, chisel plow, and mol ...
- Kong, Angela Y.Y.; Hristova, Krassimira; Scow, Kate M.; Six, Johan
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2010 v.42 no.9 pp. 1523-1533
- denitrification, etc ; soil microorganisms; microbial ecology; soil management; nitrogen; nutrient management; nitrification; denitrifying bacteria; mineralization; soil organic matter; soil aggregates; silt fraction; clay fraction; seasonal variation; Zea mays; corn; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; tomatoes; organic production; low input agriculture; microbial genetics; species diversity; functional diversity; cropping systems; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Real-time quantitative PCR assays, targeting part of the ammonia monooxygenase (amoA), nitrous oxide reductase (nosZ), and 16S rRNA genes were coupled with 15N pool dilution techniques to investigate the effects of long-term agricultural management practices on potential gross N mineralization and nitrification rates, as well as ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB), denitrifier, and total bacterial co ...
- PubMed Central: