Jump to Main Content
- Rudgers, Jennifer A.; Fischer, Susan; Clay, Keith
- Journal of applied ecology 2010 v.47 no.2 pp. 468-477
- soil stabilization, etc ; Epichloe coenophiala; symbionts; lawns and turf; voles; forbs; endophytes; reproduction; forage; genotype; cultivars; grasses; community structure; botanical composition; Festuca arundinacea subsp. arundinacea; herbivores; toxicity; biomass; symbiosis; indigenous species; ergot alkaloids; vegetation; fungi; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... 1. Understanding the extent to which plant genotype influences community composition has important conservation and management value. Here, we add a new layer to current research by testing whether genotypes of plant symbionts influence plant community composition. 2. Tall fescue grass Lolium arundinaceum is planted worldwide for forage, turf, and soil stabilization, has invaded native communities ...
- Dodson, Erich K.; Peterson, David W.; Harrod, Richy J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2010 v.19 no.4 pp. 490
- soil stabilization, etc ; forest fires; wildfires; water erosion; erosion control; afforestation; planting; fertilizer application; understory; species diversity; botanical composition; vegetation; plant ecology; invasive species; Washington; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Slope stabilisation treatments like mulching and seeding are used to increase soil cover and reduce runoff and erosion following severe wildfires, but may also retard native vegetation recovery. We evaluated the effects of seeding and fertilisation on the cover and richness of native and exotic plants and on individual plant species following the 2004 Pot Peak wildfire in Washington State, USA. We ...