Jump to Main Content
- Gargaglione, Verónica; Peri, Pablo Luis; Rubio, Gerardo
- Forest ecology and management 2010 v.259 no.6 pp. 1118-1126
- Argentina, etc ; tree growth; Nothofagus; tree age; allometry; soil quality; aboveground biomass; soil properties; tree classes; trees; branches; belowground biomass; dry matter partitioning; roots; leaves; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Data on tree biomass are essential for understanding the forest carbon cycle and plant adaptations to the environment. We determined biomass accumulation and allometric relationships in the partitioning of biomass between aboveground woody biomass, leaves and roots in Nothofagus antarctica. We measured above- and belowground biomass of N. antarctica trees across different ages (5-220 years) and cr ...
- Varela, Santiago Agustín; Gyenge, J. E.; Fernández, M. E.; Schlichter, T.
- Trees 2010 v.24 no.3 pp. 443-453
- Argentina, etc ; Nothofagus; climate; domestication; drought; forests; gas exchange; hydraulic conductivity; photosynthesis; seedlings; soil water; stems; stomatal conductance; trees; vapor pressure; water stress; wood quality; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The physiological capacities of seedlings to cope with drought may be subject to strong selective pressure in the context of future climate scenarios, threatening the regeneration and sustainability of forests. Characterization of the responses and the variability between species is of interest to breeding and domestication programs. In this study, our main goal was to describe some of the physiol ...