Jump to Main Content
- Sharrer, Mark J.; Rishel, Kata; Summerfelt, Steven T.
- Bioresource Technology 2010 v.101 pp. 4322
- denitrification, etc ; activated sludge; alkalinity; artificial membranes; biochemical oxygen demand; biological treatment; bioreactors; carbon; feeds; fish culture; heat; land application; metals; nitrate nitrogen; nitrification; phosphorus; proteins; salts; total suspended solids; wastewater treatment; water reuse; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The capacity of a membrane biological reactor to provide nitrification, denitrification, and enhanced biological phosphorus removal of a high-strength aquaculture backwash flow (control condition), or the same flow amended with 100 mg/L of NO3–N and 3 mg/L of dissolved P (test condition), was assessed using only endogenous carbon. Permeate TSS and cBOD5 concentrations were <1 mg/L under control an ...
- Hunt, P. G.; Matheny, T. A.; Ro, K. S.; Vanotti, M. B.; Ducey, T. F.
- Journal of environmental quality 2010 v.39 no.5 pp. 1821
- denitrification, etc ; anaerobic conditions; waste lagoons; pig manure; wastewater treatment; enzyme activity; acetylene; regression analysis; carbon; nitrogen; temperature; nitrate nitrogen; nitrous oxide; gases; gas emissions; nitrification; swine; wastewater; pollution control; physicochemical properties; physical properties; water quality; nitrogen content; nitrates; North Carolina; South Carolina; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Anaerobic lagoons are commonly used for the treatment of swine wastewater. Although these lagoons were once thought to be relatively simple, their physical, chemical, and biological processes are very complex. This study of anaerobic lagoons had two objectives: (i) to quantify denitrification enzyme activity (DEA) and (ii) to evaluate the influence of lagoon characteristics on the DEA. The DEA was ...