Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of dairy research 2010 v.77 no.3 pp. 337-342
- cow feeding; fatty acids; fatty acid composition; grazing; milk fat yield; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; feed rations; dairy cows; silage; gene expression; diameter; forage legumes; transcription (genetics); milk fat; feed intake; fat globules; rumen fermentation; lipid metabolism; udders; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; fatty-acid synthase
- ... The impact of fresh legume types or silage on the composition of milk fatty acids and transcription of enzymes involved in the synthesis of milk fat in cows was studied. Three groups of cows grazed high proportions of white clover, red clover and lucerne, respectively. A fourth group of cows was fed maize/grass silage. The cows grazing high proportions of legumes produced significantly more 18:1 t ...
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Dairy science & technology 2010 v.90 no.5 pp. 565-577
- air; cheeses; dairy science; hydroperoxides; lipid content; lipid peroxidation; lipids; oxygen; photooxidation; proteins; vacuum packaging
- ... Photo-oxidation of cheese products has become an issue due to the fact that packaging of cheeses in transparent materials is very frequently used. The present study aimed to investigate the effect of fat content and availability of oxygen on light-induced oxidation in cheese, as we expected that the fat content would affect the oxidation pathways. Two different model cheeses with 5.4% and 18% fat ...