Jump to Main Content
- Cahaner, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Poultry science 2010 v.89 no.11 pp. 2441-2452
- yolk sac; egg yolk composition; young animals; elderly; dietary fat; broiler breeders; nutrient uptake; lipid composition; dams (mothers); egg yolk; embryogenesis
- ... In the present study, we examined the composition, amount, and uptake of yolk nutrients [fat, protein, water, and carbohydrates (COH)] during incubation of eggs from 30- and 50-wk-old broiler breeder hens. Eggs were sampled at embryonic d 0 (fresh eggs), 13, 15, 17, 19, and 21 (hatch). Egg, embryo, yolk content, and yolk sac membrane were weighed, and the yolk sac (YS; i.e., yolk content + yolk sa ...
- Cahaner, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Poultry science 2010 v.89 no.5 pp. 974-985
- hematocrit; acclimation; altitude; broiler chickens; males; ambient temperature; ad libitum feeding; broiler feeding; females; body weight; ascites; air temperature; mortality; heart ventricle; animal growth; restricted feeding; cold stress; gender differences; disease incidence
- ... The development of ascites was investigated in broilers at low versus high altitudes, cold versus normal ambient temperatures (AT), and 3 feeding regimens. One-day-old chicks obtained at sea level were reared at high altitude (highA; 1,720 m; n = 576) with 2 AT treatments, low AT from 3 wk onward at highA (highA/cold) and normal AT from 3 wk onward at highA (highA/norm), or at sea level (normal AT ...