Jump to Main Content
- Corbalán, Natalia S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2010 v.76 no.20 pp. 6837-6842
- Acinetobacter baumannii; Citrobacter freundii; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; Enterobacter cloacae; Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Moraxella catarrhalis; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium; Shigella; cell growth; electron transport chain; membrane proteins
- ... Microcin J25 (MccJ25) is a plasmid-encoded, 21-amino-acid, antibacterial peptide produced by Escherichia coli. MccJ25 inhibits RNA polymerase and the membrane respiratory chain. MccJ25 uptake into E. coli-sensitive strains is mediated by the outer membrane receptor FhuA and the inner membrane proteins TonB, ExbB, ExbD, and SbmA. This peptide is active on some E. coli, Salmonella, and Shigella spec ...
- Corbalán, Natalia S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEMS microbiology letters 2010 v.311 no.2 pp. 185-192
- Escherichia coli; RNA; bacteria; cytoplasm; gene expression regulation; genes; loci; mutagenesis; mutants; peptides; stress response; tetracycline; transcription factors
- ... The SbmA protein is involved in the transport of MccB17-, MccJ25-, bleomycin- and proline-rich peptides into the Escherichia coli cytoplasm. sbmA gene homologues were found in a variety of bacteria. However, the physiological role of this protein still remains unknown. Previously, we found that a combination of sbmA and tolC mutations in Tn10-carrying E. coli K-12 strains results in hypersusceptib ...