Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: asadi?
- Nakanishi, Asami, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Landscape and ecological engineering 2010 v.6 no.2 pp. 325-333
- Eurya; Ilex pedunculosa; Lyonia ovalifolia var. elliptica; autumn; cutting; economic development; ecosystems; fuelwood; secondary forests; shoots; sprouting; stumps; tree and stand measurements; trees; woody plants; Japan
- ... Secondary forests in Japan have been abandoned and the ecosystem has degraded since the high economic growth period. We carried out cutting in January in three small areas of a long-abandoned secondary forest and investigated the sprout initiation and growth of woody plants for three years in order to reveal the early stage of sprout regeneration and to understand the sprouting ability and charact ...
- Nakanishi, Asami, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological research 2010 v.25 no.2 pp. 429-438
- Chamaecyparis obtusa; altitude; forests; leaves; nitrogen; nitrogen content; regression analysis; resorption; soil properties; typhoons; wind; Japan; Pacific Ocean; Sea of Japan
- ... Leaf-litter nitrogen concentration was investigated for 17 hinoki cypress (Chamaecyparis obtusa Endlicher) forests in the Kochi region on the Pacific Ocean side and the Kyoto region on the Sea of Japan side in Japan where both the amount of precipitation and frequency of typhoon attacks differ between regions. Leaf properties were predicted from climatic, stand, and soil properties by multiple reg ...