Jump to Main Content
- Toorop, Peter E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant science 2010 v.178 no.1 pp. 55-60
- chemical concentration; temporal variation; messenger RNA; buds; complementary DNA; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; polyvidone; dormancy; chestnuts; Castanea sativa; application rate; phenolic compounds
- ... Recovering RNA of high quality and sufficient quantity is a prerequisite for ensuring proper representation of expressed genes in a cDNA library. Like Arabidopsis seeds, Castanea sativa buds contain polyphenols, polysaccharides and lipids that often interface with RNA, restricting its yield and quality. The hot borate RNA isolation described for Arabidopsis seeds was used to extract RNA from C. sa ...
- Toorop, Peter E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2010 v.62 no.3 pp. 257-263
- hypocotyls; osmotic pressure; seedlings; drought tolerance; cold stress; heat; osmotic treatment; adventitious roots; polyethylene glycol; ecosystems; Handroanthus impetiginosus; temperature; drying; abscisic acid
- ... Improved re-establishment of desiccation tolerance was studied in germinated seeds of Tabebuia impetiginosa Mart. by exposing to a polyethylene glycol solution prior to desiccation. The effects of different osmotic potentials and drying rates were studied. In addition, temporary temperature stress and exogenous abscisic acid were applied to evaluate their effect on desiccation tolerance of the pro ...