Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2010 v.46 no.5 pp. 403-410
- 2,4-D; Fusarium oxysporum; Musa paradisiaca; abscisic acid; bananas; callus; cell suspension culture; cultivars; desserts; plantlets; protoplasts; somatic embryogenesis; China
- ... The ‘Da Jiao' cultivar of banana (Musa paradisiacal ABB Linn.) is an ideal germplasm to produce new banana varieties resistant to Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense (FOC) race 4, for this cultivar is not only a popular dessert banana in south China, but also bears high resistance to FOC race 4. In this study, we established a homogeneous embryogenic cell suspension (ECS) of ‘Da Jiao' and obtained r ...
- Zhao, Jie-Tang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2010 v.28 no.2 pp. 309-316
- gene expression; bananas; Musa acuminata; somatic embryos; disease resistance; sequence homology; rice; corn; Arabidopsis; Medicago truncatula; male flowers; Fusarium oxysporum; salicylic acid
- ... A banana somatic embryogenesis receptor-like kinase (SERK) gene, designated as MaSERK1, was isolated from Musa acuminata cv. Mas (AA). It encoded a protein of 628 amino acids with above 82% identities to reported SERKs of coconut, rice, maize, Arabidopsis, carrot, and Medicago truncatula. MaSERK1 was expressed weakly in male flower clusters, but not in male flower-derived nonembryogenic calli, but ...