Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Yufang; McCarty, Jack C.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; An, Chuanfu; Saha, Sukumar
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 317
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; germplasm; plant genetic resources; quantitative trait loci; flowering; phenology; phenotypic variation; branches; plant development; hybrids; crossing; plant breeding; cultivars
- ... Flowering time has biological and agricultural significance for crops. In Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.), photoperiodic sensitivity is a major obstacle in the utilization of primitive accessions in breeding programs. Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) analysis was conducted in two F₂ populations from the crosses between a day-neutral cultivar Deltapine 61 (DPL61) and two photoperiod sensitive G ...
- Abreu, Priscilla Patrocínio; Souza, Margarete Magalhães; Santos, Eileen Azevedo; Pires, Marcel Viana; Pires, Mônica Moura; de Almeida, Alex-Alan Furtado
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 307-315
- Passiflora; ornamental plants; plant breeding; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; plant genetic resources; floriculture; ornamental value; wild relatives; commercialization; sustainable agriculture; Brazil
- ... The Passiflora L. (Passifloraceae) genus consists of about 500 species widely distributed throughout tropical and subtropical regions, commonly known as the passion flower. The passion flowers are considered ornamental plants because of the exotic beauty of their flowers and variant foliage. Since their introduction to the Old World, around 1625, seventeenth century, they have been used to decorat ...