Jump to Main Content
- Juneja, Vijay K.; Bari, M.L.; Inatsu, Y.; Kawamoto, S.; Friedman, Mendel
- Journal of food protection 2009 v.72 no.4 pp. 860
- green tea; tea; leaves; apples; peels; plant extracts; antibacterial properties; ground beef; sous vide; heat treatment; Escherichia coli O157:H7; food pathogens; bacterial contamination; temperature; heat tolerance; inactivation temperature; predictive microbiology; kinetics; cooking; cooked foods; natural additives
- ... We investigated the heat resistance of a four-strain mixture of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in raw ground beef in both the absence and presence of white and green tea powders and an apple skin extract. Inoculated meat was cooked using the sousvide technique, i.e., the meat was packaged in sterile bags and completely immersed in a circulating water bath at low temperature for a period of time. The bag ...
- Chen, Jing; Hammell, Dana C.; Spry, Malinda; D'Orazio, John A.; Stinchcomb, Audra L.
- Journal of natural products 2009 v.72 no.4 pp. 769-771
- diffusivity; plant extracts; forskolin; diffusion; in vitro studies; Plectranthus barbatus; roots; topical application
- PubMed Central: