Jump to Main Content
- Chenault, Kelly D.; Maas, Andrea L.; Damicone, John P.; Payton, Mark E.; Melouk, Hassan A.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 357-365
- Arachis hypogaea; peanuts; disease resistance; Sclerotinia minor; blight; fungal diseases of plants; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; genotype
- ... The production of cultivated peanut, an important agronomic crop throughout the United States and the world, is consistently threatened by various diseases and pests. Sclerotinia minor Jagger (S. minor), the causal agent of Sclerotinia blight, is a major threat to peanut production in the Southwestern US, Virginia and North Carolina. Although information on the variability of morphological traits ...
- Dar, Arshud; Allan, Brenda; Gomis, Susantha; Potter, Andrew; Mutwiri, George
- chickens; DNA primers; animal pathogenic bacteria; vaccine adjuvants; disease resistance; immune response; immune system; receptors; bacterial infections
- ... Synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides (ODN) containing CpG motifs activate innate and adaptive immune responses in numerous vertebrate species. The protective effects of CpG ODN against viral, bacterial and protozoal pathogens have been well documented in various mouse models of disease. CpG ODN are also being evaluated in humans as an immunotherapeutic agent against infectious diseases, cancer, allergy ...