Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Yufang; McCarty, Jack C.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; An, Chuanfu; Saha, Sukumar
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 317
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; germplasm; plant genetic resources; quantitative trait loci; flowering; phenology; phenotypic variation; branches; plant development; hybrids; crossing; plant breeding; cultivars
- ... Flowering time has biological and agricultural significance for crops. In Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.), photoperiodic sensitivity is a major obstacle in the utilization of primitive accessions in breeding programs. Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) analysis was conducted in two F₂ populations from the crosses between a day-neutral cultivar Deltapine 61 (DPL61) and two photoperiod sensitive G ...
- Talukdar, Dibyendu
- Journal of genetics 2009 v.88 no.2 pp. 165-175
- Lathyrus sativus; branches; color; crossing; early development; flowers; gamma radiation; genes; genetic variation; internodes; loci; mutants; mutation; neurotoxins; peduncle; phenotype; progeny; seed coat; seed yield
- ... Induction of mutation has been used to create additional genetic variability in grass pea (Lathyrus sativus L.). During the ongoing investigations on different induced-morphological mutants, the author detected three types of dwarf mutants in grass pea. One mutant, designated as dwf1 type was earlier identified in colchicine-induced C₂ generation of grass pea variety BioR-231 while the other two, ...